Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pictures and Day 2

     Today I actually got up at 8 for breakfast without having to. Scandalous, I know. For breakfast there were croissants, cereals, eggs, and these cool pastries that had pudding and strawberries on top.
     Speaking of food, I've noticed something about the coffee here in Italy-- it's thicker. At least, that's the way it is thus far. I'm only going off the cappucino I had at the airport and the espresso one of the girls had earlier today.
     We had tours of the neighborhood this morning, on which we were shown the nearest church, clothing and grocery stores, cafes, atm, and other shops. Speaking of church-- I just realized how different it is here in Rome versus back home in regards to churches. Here there are tons of churches, Catholic churches. Back home, there are probably just as many churches, but only a few of them are Catholic, being in the Bible Belt and everything. I wonder how many Protestant churches are in Rome... There's got to be one.
     After the tours, about half the girls went on a shopping excursion. Most of us bought nothing, but it was fun to look inside the different shops nonetheless. During this outting, we got lunch. I had a fish-and-tomato sandwich. I'm pretty sure it was tuna, because that's what it tasted like. I've noticed that the tomatoes here are really good. I usually dislike plain, uncooked tomatoes at home, but the ones I've had here so far I do like.

     And now for a flashback-- traveling to get here. I flew from ATL to Chicago, I got to see Lake Michigan, and I was VERY impressed. It is HUGE!!! The sad thing about my flying is that I did not get to see the Atlantic, and I barely got to see the Alps. I happened to be sitting in the middle of the plane, and the window closest to me was covered most of the time. Unless you are always flying across the Atlantic, why would you have the screen down? Don't you want to see what the place looks like while airborne? :-P Spoil-sports. Maybe I'll get a better seat going home.
     On my plane, there was a guy with a very..... interesting hair arrangement: he had like, dreadlocks, but instead of hanging down like most people, he had them up and folded over, so that his hair looked like a hat. It was weird.

     Now let's see if the web will let me put up pictures now...

 
 
 
 
 
      More to come later. I took a decent one of the altar of the chair, but it won't load. It's like the web has something against that particular shot or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment