Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Paris! (Part One)



     In some of the last days of October of 2012, I went to Paris. It was expensive, I saw very little, I had a mini-nightmare at the airport, and I totally forgot about daylight savings on Sunday. It was an amazing trip nonetheless. When we left Rome, it was hot and sticky STILL. We had to sleep with the windows open in order to prevent suffocation. What did this mean? It meant fabulous mosquito bites in the morning. Nasty business that. When we got off the maze of trains and planes and stepped onto the streets of Paris, however, we were greeted wit a most refreshing bit of cold air. Finally, I could wear my wool coat. And good thing I brought it, too. Paris was cold, gloriously so. I ended up going Muslim in order to keep my head warm and I wished I had brought gloves with me.
     I had no bad experiences in Paris... well, there was a gauntlet of restaurants with ever-vigilant waiters, but we simply focused on the end of the street and walked on with quick and determined steps, and all was well again.
     I had pumpkin soup for the first time, eating at the bar counter, where the bartender was, um, memorable. He kept hitting on us girls, decidedly more on my friend, though. (Which was fine with me. The next time we ate at the counter of a restaurant, I had to deal with an annoying guy. He was telling me how his friend was a sucker for getting married. Because that's totally the right way to hit on nice girls. Yeah. . . Not fun.)
     Pictures are on their way, along with more about Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment